I've been snowed in for a week and so therefore lots of cooking and baking has been going on.
I have the craziest stash of hershey's chocolate chips left over from Christmas--all kinds (peanut butter, dark chocolate, white chocolate, cinnamon) and so today I decided to use what I think is the most obscure kind--Cinnamon. Turns out they don't show up at many grocery stores and lots of people go searching for them. Because of that, there just aren't that many recipes including them. But then I found this recipe for
Cinnamon Chip Apple Cookies (which I thought wasn't a very good name) and renamed them...
Apple Cinnamon Cookies
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon apple juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 (10 ounce) package hershey's cinnamon baking chips (use half if you want a milder taste)
1 cup apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
3. Beat butter, brown sugar, egg, apple juice and vanilla in large bowl until creamy.
4. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Add to butter mixture; beat until blended.
6. Stir in oats.
7. Add cinnamon chips, apple and raisins; stir until blended.
8. Drop by teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
9. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
10. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
(they are easily breakable when still warm so transfer carefully)
11. Cool completely.
These are really good cookies. I added half the chips based upon reviews. My husband doesn't like overwhelming tastes in cookies so i'm sure he'll like that better. I on the other hand think that next time i'll use all the chips. I think I'd like a stronger cinnamon taste. I do have cinnamon extract though, so perhaps i'll just use a drop or two to up the flavor. Although, they taste really good as they are...I just have more of a sweet tooth than my husband. :)
Follow Play Create Explore on Pinterest!
More Ways to Follow the Fun!